[Qgis-developer] Legend refactoring - part II - ready for merge

Leyan ouyang.leyan.ml at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 06:42:59 PDT 2014

On 08/24/2014 03:51 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> * Do you have any strategy for dealing with symbols larger than the
> thumbnail in the legend? e.g. if you set the size of a circle to 8 it
> basically draws a square. This is not a regression as the old legend
> implementation suffered the same thing, but I was hoping a new
> implementation could offer a fix for this. I know there are limits to
> what we can do in the space of the legend but perhaps having some
> simple system whereby symbol previews are proportionally scaled such
> that the largest icon will always fit into the space provided and the
> smaller ones are relatively reduced in scale? Perhaps someone else has
> some creative ideas on how to improve their visual representation in
> the legend? Great stuff as always Martin! Regards Tim

I agree it is a major issue of the legend currently. I think the best
would be to have it scaled to get the largest symbol to fit in the
square and the others proportional to it, but marking that it has been
scaled (for example with a frame) and show the actual size (in a small
popup?) when hovering on or clicking the symbol.

Regards,

Leyan