[Qgis-developer] redirect loop detected error when connecting wms

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 25 23:48:41 PDT 2014

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, 26. Aug 2014 at 06:38:05 +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:
> Sometimes - for a certain WMS - I get the following error message when trying
> to read the GetCapabilities response from the server:

> Failed to download capabilities:
> Redirect loop detected:
>
> What does that mean?

That means the server instead of returning the GetCapabilities response
redirected to the same url that the GetCapabilities request already used.  So
chances are that will happen again and again...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode