[Qgis-developer] redirect loop detected error when connecting wms

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Aug 26 02:02:49 PDT 2014

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, 26. Aug 2014 at 07:55:33 +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:
> Is this (qgis) application specific or can this behaviour also reproduced by
> simply refreshing the browser? (since it never happens in the browser).

QGIS browser?  I'd expect it to behave the same.  Any other application might
just follow the redirection and run the same request again and hope for the
best.

Maybe the server does actually respond differently to a later request (which
QGIS doesn't expect), otherwise the client might just stop requesting after a
number of redirections or end up in an endless loop retrying the same request
again and again.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode