[Qgis-developer] Identify results form vs feature form

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:42:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 26.08.2014 11:25, Alexandre Neto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to say that I actually dislike the "new" identify docking
> thingy (sorry Nathan), it just feels strange to me. Even hidden as a
> tab it steals lots of space in smaller screens (An option in settings
> to choose docking it or not would make my day! :-p)

I also agree this new dock wasn't the best way to deal with results. I
think it is true for users who are 99% dedicated to dealing with vector
layers and editing features.

> But I do agree that toggling between Open feature form mode and
> identify tool only mode is not optimal.
>
> I also agree that the feature form is a totally diferent funcionality,
> and accessing it do need some love.Therefore was planning on working
> on a plugin to add a button to the toolbar to directly open a selected
> feature's form. Additionally, if more than one feature is selected,
> the feature form would show all features equal values and empty the
> rest of the fields. Updating one of the fields will change it across
> all features, while keeping the field empty will preserve original
> values. A popup message should show up to warn the user that several
> features attributes will be updated.

I am currently working on improving the Layer Selection mode in the
identify map tool. The idea is to introduce a feature level, so you can
always open the result in a feature form. You will also be able to open
the attribute table with a filter on the identified features from a same
layer. Also, you'll have access to map layer actions and so on.

This identify map tool would be a good client for a QEP ;)

Cheers,

Denis