[Qgis-developer] Identify results form vs feature form

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:58:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch>
wrote:

> Yes, but it should be in core. We have been thinking of this feature for
> a while and I am hoping to find the time/funds to implement this.

I have the time (kind of..), but not the C++ knowledge or the funds to buy
it, hence the python (temporary) solution,.

There are two different cases to handle multiple selection IMO:

>  * Multi Edit: what you describe, edit attributes of multiple features
> at once
>  * Attribute table (form view) with a filter applied to inspect the
> selected elements only, but individually.

The second case already works well, and the new field calculator bar really
speeds things up, but you still need to be changing the fields one by one.
The first case also has the benefit of making use of the edit widgets.

> > And I have now created a bug report [1]
> > <https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11099> of it as this would be crucial for
> > the plugin.
> >
> I will take care of that.