[Qgis-developer] Caching GetProjectSettings with Qgis server

Uros Preloznik uros00 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:05:40 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would like to have more information regarding Qgis server caching certain
requests and how to control that. I didn't find any documentation regarding
this, so I ask.

Example:
On my environment (ubuntu 12.04, apache 2.2.22, qgis 2.4) I do
GetProjectSettings request on certain project. If I restart Apache or save
the project the request is not cached (I assume) and it takes from 20 - 65
seconds. In order to avoid Server Error after 40second I added this line to
Apache configuration

FcgidIOTimeout 80

So, after this long request, next same request is immediately so it must be
cached, right? I tested with different clients and must be on server. But I
do not control this, because after unknown amount of time the cache is
removed.

Can anyone explain this and should I explore basic Apache caching tehniques
like this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html

Right now I don't have any caching modules enabled in Apache.

Another question is why is it taking so long, but I will ask that extra.

thanks

Uros