[Qgis-developer] Legend refactoring - part II - ready for merge

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 20:40:04 PDT 2014

Hi Marco

thanks for you comments.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> Thanks for your efforts to unify the legends. Few comments from my side:
>
> - API break: is there a list of breaks inside the 2.x series? I recently
> came accross one in the provider API, and it would be good to provide some
> guidance for people porting code to newer versions. Regarding 'not used
> according to plugin analysis tool': most plugins are probably not in the
> plugin repo.

I am not aware of such list - but it is the right time to start one.
Do you have any preferences where to put it - doxygen page / wiki page
/ qgis-documentation repo / somewhere else?

> - For the legend graphics options layertitlespace and layerfontcolor, it
> says 'TODO'.

Something to be addressed - these features are not supported out of
the box by QgsLegendRenderer. Btw. are these custom options documented
/ used anywhere?

> - qgswmsserver.cpp:671 : it seems a bit strange to iterate over all nodes to
> set the property. Can this be done inside some legend class (maybe legend
> renderer)?

This looks OK to me - I don't think we do not need another mechanism
to skip legend node labels... and other classes like legend renderer
are not supposed to alter the input model. Moreover this functionality
is special to WMS and it's just two lines of code, so I did not feel a
need to generalize it somehow.

Regards
Martin