[Qgis-developer] QEP: QGIS Mapserver Python Plugins

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 03:47:42 PDT 2014

> The startuptime increase if iT should lo ad the python environment.
>
> All the best.

The startup will happen only the first time, unless you use CGI and not
FCGI.
Anyway, I proposed it a couple of years ago, but many told it was useless
for various reasons.
I think it could be useful if the plugin could affect WMS/WFS
request/response.
As an independent service I would rather use standalone python web code
(actually I do it this way, loading, parsing and caching the qgs project
and, in case, using headless QGIS APIs).

giovanni

>  Il 29/ago/2014 12:13 "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it> ha
> scritto:
>
> Il 29/08/2014 12:09, Andrea Peri ha scritto:
>> > Hi Poalo,
>> >
>> > How you can say that the overhead should be minimal.
>>
>> Because in that case Python does almost nothing, just passing the command
>> to GDAL,
>> SAGA, GRASS, or whatever.
>> All the best.
>> --