[Qgis-developer] QtXml is no longer maintained in Qt5

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Dec 4 01:11:36 PST 2014

On 04.12.2014 10:04, G. Allegri wrote:
> QtXml is really, damn slow. PyQt with QtXml is worst then lxml, just to
> make a comparison. Switching to a streamlined xml parser would be
> advisable, but I know it would a deep refactoring for a lot of QGIS's code.
> Maybe it should be considered within the next big refactorings (geometry,
> composer, etc.), but it won't be easy to find a sponsor specifically for
> this...

Do we have a real-world example of where we hit this performance issue?

Considering a sponsor: it might be packaged in a proposal of a native
project file format that also supports storing layers. That requires an
abstraction of the project file and has a new feature that usually makes
it easier to find funds.

Matthias