[Qgis-developer] QtXml is no longer maintained in Qt5

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 05:28:35 PST 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Is it really the xml parsing which is slow? I would have expected that xml
> parsing only is fast and the things QGIS is doing on project load are slow
> (e.g. restoring connections, creating print composers, ...). Did you do some
> profiling / testing related to xml parsing speed?

I agree with Marco. The major slowdown here is when QGIS connects to
WMS/Postgis layers, not opening a simple XML file...

We could be very careful about false problems, as stated by Donald Knuth:

"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time:
premature optimization is the root of all evil"