[Qgis-developer] Rotation support in raster renderer

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Dec 4 10:42:34 PST 2014

Hi all,
I've pushed a second step of support for rotation in raster renderer
but I'm missing something about the placement and scaling of it
as the raster gets bigger and offsetted when rotated.

Size is good at 0,90,180,270 but offset is still wrong in a way that's
probably due to only carring now meaningless "upper left" and "bottom right"
corners rather than a "center" (more useful for rotation).

Would it make more sense to move this rotation and translation earlier
in the rendering pipeline ? Can anyone point me to the right place for
it ? I'm guessing it must be somewhere around QgsRasterInterface
(the "block" method takes an extent and a size but not rotation).

The current code can be found here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1716

Thanks in advance

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt