[Qgis-developer] New add-in

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:47:27 PST 2014

Hi there.

               I am new to this list, and I'd like to ask for general
directions to distribute a plugin (the first version is ready, but there
are some caveats).

               This plugin is a set of transportation planning/modeling
tools that should get at least another 2 dozens of algorithms and
procedures added to it in the near future (as a sole developer with a
demanding day job it is hard to get this done).

               The main caveat is that the computationally intensive
portion of the plugin is written is Cython, which I have NO idea on how to
compile to different operation systems/versions.

               Right now it is compiled to windows 64 bits and it is
compatible with QGIS 2.2 or more recent, and I have the means to compile it
to 32 bits, but I guess doing it for every single operating system makes no
sense, so something automatic would have to be done.

                Is anybody in this list interested in a plugin like this?
I think assignment of demands to shortest paths is a problem of interest to
many, so I might change the code to make it easier when the user wants to
do only that, but aside this, I would like to know what do you guys think.

The page with the instructions is this one:  http://www.aequilibrae.com.
The zip file is still not there, but the link for it is:
http://www.xl-optim.com/site/AequilibraE/AequilibraE.zip

In the folder AequilibraE\SHP_test  there are files I used for testing.

Thanks a lot,

Pedro