[Qgis-developer] Error : cannot connect to X server on Ubuntu

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Tue Dec 9 08:23:02 PST 2014

Hi

I think there are two approaches:

1) Install Xvfb and start it with the following command (and export DISPLAY):

Xvfb :99 -ac -noreset &
export DISPLAY=:99

2) Try to use QCoreApplication instead of QApplication:

app = QApplication(sys.argv)
QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("/home/stefan/Apps/qgis_master", True)
QgsApplication.initQgis()

I don't know what the drawbacks are when using QCoreApplication.

Regards
Stefan