[Qgis-developer] QGIS slow startup on windows

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 03:09:22 PST 2014

Hi Regis

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Régis Haubourg
<regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I still try to understand why first QGIS startup is so slow on Windows
> platforms, and why it is always slower compared to MacOsx or Linux.
>
> Process Monitor raises a first very strange behaviour:
>
> qgis-bin.exe tries 172 765 times to do a 'Create File' action in
> C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\namespace\NAS01 (NAS01 is my Appdata centralized File
> server where qgis profile is moved with --confipath).  Result is 'NAME NOT
> FOUND'

So if I understand correctly, you store all the user-specific data
(what normally goes to ~/.qgis2) on a network drive, is that correct?

Does QGIS take long time to start even if the usual local directory is
used? Maybe the system is not configured well, resulting in long time
to read files from it.

Regards
Martin