[Qgis-developer] map-filtered legend and possible memory error in composer

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Dec 13 12:20:05 PST 2014

I'm taking a code tour in preparation to a QEP about adding map-dependent
legends support in QGIS (see http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11859).

While looking around I found that the composer code contains something
that looks like aiming at the same thing, that is:

  QgsComposerLegend::updateFilterByMap()

... passes the map settings to the QgsLayerTreeModel via:

  void setLegendFilterByMap( const QgsMapSettings* settings );

Further, I saw that the application supposedly has a setting for that
in the project file:

        <Legend>
            <filterByMap type="bool">true</filterByMap>
        </Legend>

but I haven't found a way to set that graphically, does anyone know
where I set it ?
I've looked in Project Properties and in Settings->Options

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt