[Qgis-developer] qgis pre-refresh rendering ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Dec 14 02:59:38 PST 2014

On 14-12-14 08:55, Alexander Bruy wrote:
>>> The map rotation functionality in the end is probably more complex than it
>>> seemed to be. QEP explaining all the implications would be quite useful.
>>
>> Indeed, I greatly understimated it.
>> I'll try to draft a QEP.
>
> Maybe it is better revert this code and readd after finalizing QEP process?
> Some things are broken now and this is not good, as we have about 1 month
> to feature freeze.

With our current release process, we never have more then a few months
to be in a more or less 'unstable' development version.

I'm not in a position to decide if it is wise to revert and do this work
in another branch now, but only thing that I want to note that from what
I see this work as a process has a lot of other changes/work/discussion
done which maybe would not have been seen/done when we only do work in
small steps and are afraid to refactor deeper then the outside code.

How difficult is it to do this kind of changes in a separate branch
(with some core changes), and is it then still possible to keep the
branch as stable as it was recently.

With a 'LTS' version upcoming(???)... though it is maybe better to
postpone these changes, but my point is that I like the 'proces' of
deeper changes that apparently is happening).

Anyway, core-devs should decide this... whatever decision is taken I'm
ok with it.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde