[Qgis-developer] Need help with LayerTreeModel (legend node)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Dec 17 04:13:31 PST 2014

In the "wmslegend" branch of my fork [1] I've a working wms legend node
that fetches the actual legend image lazily from the Model's data() method
when it is invoked with the role = Qt::DecorationRole.

But for some reason, if I also attempt to load the legend when data() method
is invoked with role = Qt::SizeHintRole, all kind of weird behavior happen,
like crashes or hangs.

Should I expect instances of QgsLayerTreeModel to contemporarly used by
different threads ?

[1] git://github.com/strk/QGIS.git
    https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1735

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt