[Qgis-developer] Moving a layer with PyQGIS using the new layer tree

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:05:49 PST 2014

Hi all (and Martin D.),

I've been trying to reproduce the instructions given here [1] for moving
layers. It seems that the code doesn't work if the layer to be moved is
inside a group.

Specifically, trying to move a layer that is inside a group, I can add the
clonned layer to the layer tree but I cannot get the original layer
removed, i.e., the following command doesn't work:

   root.removeChildNode( originalLayer )

It doesn't throw any message nor change the map/ToC status.

Can you reproduce the problem? I'm using QGIS 2.6.1 on Ubuntu.

Regards,

Germán Carrillo
--
[1]