[Qgis-developer] Minimal rotation support (was: Ugly jumping maps while zooming)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Dec 23 01:36:09 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 09:40:59AM +1100, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> As it stands right now, what is the use of this feature? It can't be used
> for presentation (no composer support) nor for analysis or querying use
> (broken selection and info tools). Without addressing these issues this
> feature has no current use case (I may be missing something here, feel free
> to fill me in if I am).

In order to plan for fundraising we need a clear view on what's the
minimal support state for the feature in order to be accepted in the
2.8 release.

I've tried to tag all rotation-related issues with the "rotation" tag
so it's easier to see them (sorry but I don't see the URL with embedded
query from hub to include here). Could you please help adding the missing
tickets (for example I see nothing about composer nor info tool) and
mark those you think are extremely necessary as "blocker" ?

Right now a single one is marked as such, and is about the rotation value
being retained when starting a new project.

--strk;