[Qgis-developer] What is the status of new "QGIS-Mobile" (https://github.com/opengisch/QGIS-Mobile ) project? Could I test it on Android?

Baltix Linux baltix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 04:36:38 PST 2014

Hi Matthias and other QGIS developers,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
I've noticed a new "QGIS-Mobile" (simplified touch optimized interface
for QGIS - https://github.com/opengisch/QGIS-Mobile ) project. It's
very important to have a simple QGIS for Android tablets for me and my
friends, because currently we are using old and not touch-friendly
QGIS 2.0 for Android.
We can't use newer QGIS for Android releases because of these 2 bugs:
 http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11164
 http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11813
(also there are some other, not critical bugs, see
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/android-qgis/issues )

Matthias, could you tell us what is the status of new "QGIS-Mobile"
(https://github.com/opengisch/QGIS-Mobile ) project?
Could we test it on Android? I have some experience in compiling QT
and other Linux applications, so, if there are no apk file but you can
give some instructions how to build apk - please give something :)

Thanks for improving QGIS and other libre software,

Mantas

--
Prekyba kompiuteriais su Linux OS - http://tinklas.eu/prekyba
Naudokite laisvą Linux operacinę sistemą savo kompiuteryje -