[Qgis-developer] Error in new Metasearch

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 29 03:49:19 PST 2014

On 29-12-14 10:29, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 29-12-14 10:09, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Il 26/12/2014 16:15, Tom Kralidis ha scritto:
>>> Hi Paolo: master works for me.  Can you provide a usecase/workflow
>>> I can try to reproduce?
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>> just tested again: searching for "land", global extent, on all default
>> servers returns no results (sometimes a timeout, sometimes an error
>> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' (for UNEP), sometimes just
>> blank.
>> Also "province" (a valid keyword, I believe) for the two Italian
>> servers returns nothing.
>> Can't see anything on the log.
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> with me it is also working fine. The plugin manager shows me:
>
> Installed version: 0.3.2 (in /home/richard/.qgis2/python/plugins/MetaSearch)
>
> But I'm on Linux here...

Ok, some further investigation:

- an excisting osgeo4w install, after upgrading the dev version,
starting in english is ok
- switching to italian gives you the old 'not all arguments converted'
error... (Python path at that moment is FIRST giving the .qgis2 and then
the core plugins path)
- removing the plugin from the .qgis2 directory then ends up in a
jinja2-not found error

- doing a full clean install of osgeo4w installation
- english again ok
- italian again the same error
- removing the plugin from the qgis2 directory (both places state that
they have 0.3.2 version??)
- italian WORKING !!!
- reinstalling the plugin from plugins.qgis.org (both stating 0.3.2):
problem is back again.

So though I cannot confirm Paolo's problem, I can get a working italian
version, BUT it looks like the version 0.3.2 on the plugin site is
another version then the 0.3.2 version that is part of core?

Regards,

Richard