[Qgis-developer] Crowdfunding for a Christmas gift to QGIS - live layer effects!

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:25:04 PST 2014

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/41633306/a-christmas-gift-for-qgis-live-layer-effects-for-q

> This project aims to add live layer effects to QGIS which can be
> applied to symbols. Some examples include live blur effects, drop
> shadows, and outer glows. Think Photoshop style layer effects but
> available directly within QGIS.

Many thanks to everyone who's donated so far!

I've just posted a video which demonstrates the operation of this feature
and the type of possibilities it will unlock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7WjqqZKsBU

Please help spread the word if you'd like to see this land in QGIS!

Nyall