[Qgis-developer] QGIS GetProjectSettings request

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 09:11:57 PST 2014

On 02/04/2014 04:09 PM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi Ivan
>
> The idea of the GetProjectSettings is that the output is easily
> extendeable (because it is a non-standard method). So if there is some
> project information you think is usefull for your webclient, just add it to
> the code and I'm happy to apply pull requests in that respect. It is not
> the idea of GetProjectSettings to serve all project information, rather to
> extend on-demand.

Marco, thanks for your answer.
I think it could be very useful for many clients building on top of QGIS
Server to have such informations:

My quick proposal is to add:

Layer properties:
 * layer type
 * geometry type
 * source geometry SRID
 * primary key
 * layer transparency
 * layers group membership

and for Project:
* project title
* selection color
* background colors
* project scales
* canvas units
* precision

Do you think it is a good idea to add this informations to that
GetCapabilities-like XML response ?

Ivan