[Qgis-developer] one email address for plugin approvers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Feb 11 13:50:21 PST 2014

Hi Devs,

tl;dr; can we make an email address: approvers at qgis.org for which an
email can be sent to all approvers?

who can arrange this?

I'm busy weeding the long list of unapproved plugins.

Some of them are so old the I just sent the author an email if it is ok
to remove it.

Other have some older versions unapproved, so I ask to either approve
them or delete these versions.

Others just have been added pretty recently, but miss certain metadata
information and did not get attention from an approver.

I propose to make homepage, repository and tracker mandatory properties
too (at least for approval). So we have to fix this in:

http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/releasing.html#validation
and
http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins.html#plugin-metadata-table

To these people I want to sent an email, telling them that they have to
fix this before any approver will have a look into them.

To be sure that all approvers are aware of this, AND to be able (for me)
to ask all approvers in one go to please have a look it would be handy
to cc such a mail to 'approvers at qgis.org'.

Agreed? Other ideas?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde