[Qgis-developer] one email address for plugin approvers

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:20:38 PST 2014

Hi !

-1 for making the homepage mandatory...
If it's only to display the plugin's help/readme information, we should
rather have the developpers create some help/readme file for each plugin,
which could be opened directly from within QGIS.
IMO that's much better than a link which opens in the browser, and which
most of the time will be either irrelevant (since no one will spend time to
make a homepage for a plugin), or a quite technical looking github readme
page, which precisely displays a readme.md/txt/html page.

+1 for the tracker and the repository !

On the same topic :

I find the descriptions of the plugins often too synthetic to really know
what a plugin is good for.

I'd say this comes from the fact that descriptions can be on one line long
in the metadata file.

Having the ability to use multiple lines would be much better, and we'd
simply show the first line only in compact views (listings...).

Thanks !

Olivier