[Qgis-developer] WFS loader should fill in abstract/title or report it somewhere like WMS does

John Abraham jea at hbaspecto.com
Wed Feb 12 11:35:57 PST 2014

Hey, in case anyone is going to work on the WFS loader, please consider another two feature requests or bug reports:

1) A WFS layer does not report it's server-supplied title/abstract or any other useful server-supplied metadata in it's "properties" dialog.

A WMS layer added to QGIS displays all the server metadata in Properties->Metadata->Properties->Server Properties.   WFS layers, in comparison, only show the Abstract/Title metadata when you are choosing what to load, not once it's loaded.  It should be modified to show the metadata from the server in the properties dialog.

2) Neither WFS or WMS layers populate the Title / Abstract metadata fields from the server-supplied values when loading.

It seems to me that both the WFS loader and the WMS loader should copy the Abstract and Title metadata (at least) from the server to the local QGIS metadata Abstract and Title, as the default values, that the user could modify it after loading if they choose.

Mucho thanks to anyone who takes this on, (someday I should relearn C /C++, but for now my own open-source contributions are limited to Java and python projects…),

--
John Abraham
jea at hbaspecto.com
403-232-1060