[Qgis-developer] [SoC] GSoC 2014 Ideas Page

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 15:42:44 PST 2014

Hamish ha scritto:
>> the main OSGeo GSoC 2014 pages are now in place,
>>
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code
>>
>> working on the application next..
[now]

Paolo wrote:
> thanks for this. Please note that we'll be collecting ideas
> on QGIS at:
> https://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014
> Should we add the link somewhere?

I have added (ie uncommented) QGIS to the list at:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas#OSGeo_Foundation_member_projects

So QGIS is online.

But not many other projects are there yet -- we need all those
ideas pages ready and linked in the next hours/day! It's critical
to our application to become a mentoring org; there is no guarantee
that we will be accepted, only a guarantee that we won't be if our
ideas pages are too thin.

@everyone: Please make the ideas as detailed as possible, and it
helps I think to have those "mentor" or "willing to mentor" listed.
One question Google asks us in our application is how many mentors
we have lined up (please speak up on behalf of your project team).

thanks,
Hamish
(on behalf of the OSGeo GSoC admin team)