[Qgis-developer] About "Point Samplig Tool" plugin

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 18 23:46:24 PST 2014

On 02/14/2014 01:43 AM, Geo DrinX wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> perhaps there is a problem with PointSamplingTool plugin,  using layers
> with different SRS.
>
> In fact, I found all the resulting fields of the output SHP  with NULL .
>
> Somebody test it,  recently ?  Could you help me  ?
>

> Thank you
>
> Roberto

There is a good chance that is true. I have always recommended for
analysis one must reproject all data into the same projection. There are
many other tools that won't work in QGIS and other software.

Projection on the fly is really best reserved for exploratory purposes
and cartography (even then sometimes it's better to reproject).

Thanks,
Alex