[Qgis-developer] Failing tests consider blockers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 00:42:00 PST 2014

Hi

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>> What I wanted to say is that there are a bunch of tests that fail because they
>> are not up to date or fail for other reasons that are not related to actual
>> bugs in qgis itself. For example render tests, which fail because of fonts or
>> other differences (eg. removed renderers).  I think that are the majority of
>> tests that currently fail.
>
> Platform dependent tests (fonts) don't make sense for me and should be
> disabled until get fixed (e.g. using font set shipped with QGIS).
> Renderer test should be updated and only real bugs will remain and
> those should be blockers, I think.

Let me add that in case of tests it will most likely not even help to
ship a common font with QGIS: on different platforms the text is
rendered by different libraries (e.g. FreeType on linux, native
backends on windows/mac).

Also, renderer tests should IMHO have some tolerances instead a set of
anomalies. For example, in multi-threading branch some tests started
to fail because of some microscopic differences - this will require
another set of reference images (and anomaly images) although there is
no real difference. This looks like an interesting tool for comparing
images:
http://pdiff.sourceforge.net/

Regards
Martin