[Qgis-developer] Failing tests consider blockers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 03:32:39 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm voting for releasing in time as is.
> We had that discussion prior to each release before. It turned out that
> after shifting the release date, new must-fix bugs showed up and the release
> was shifted over and over again.
> With a fixed release schedule, it is no problem to wait for the next release
> with bugfixes and features, because the next release comes within a few
> months. If releases are delayed, people cannot rely on a next release coming
> after four months.

Agreed. If we decided to do time-based releases, let's do them as
planned and not discuss the decision two days before the planned
release...

I think we should mainly reconsider which bugs should be marked as
blockers. The current policy "every regression is a blocker" does not
make sense to me. In my opinion a blocker is something that makes the
software unusable for potentially large amount of users - in such case
it makes sense to delay the release for few days (as an exception, not
a rule).

Regards
Martin