[Qgis-developer] Which compiler for a c++ QGIS custom app

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 06:20:19 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am a bit lost at trying to build a custom QGIS app on a windows 7.

I have installed QGIS libs, Qt libs and minGW using osgeo4w installer
(thanks to Nathan's advices).
I have also installed Qt Creator 3.0.

Now in creator, I have configured Qt version as Qt 4.7. using
c:\osgeo4w\bin\qmake.exe.

But I can't manage to find the right compiler to use for this version.
With all the compilers I tried, it says "none of the compiler can
produce code for this version of Qt".

Does someone know which compiler to use? Can't I use one embedded in
osgeo package?

PS: I don't have visual studio installed, and I would like to avoid
installing it.

Thanks a lot,

Denis