[Qgis-developer] Multi-threading rendering merged to master

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:52:44 PST 2014

Martin,

Fantastic work; I knew to expect a better rendering experience, yet I was
caught by surprise at how much of a positive difference it makes.

Few things from my 10-minutes play with it:
* The map overview extend is broken, its extend goes way, way beyond the
extend of the sum of all the layers in a given project
* The 'xxx' option doesn't seem to be taken into consideration, the
parallel rendering is always activated on my machine irrespective of
whether I checked the box or not.
* Half of the times I exited QGIS, the application process was not
terminating and this error message was thrown: "*** Error in
`/home/webmaster/apps/bin/qgis': corrupted double-linked list: 0x0a0680f0
***"; I had to manually kill the process

Math