[Qgis-developer] Using PostGIS on a slow connection

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 26 06:37:36 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:43:10PM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 26/02/2014 11:31, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>
> >> Zooming and editing require loading of data (we don't cache much data
> >> locally)
>
> I see: wouldn't it be better to do it?
>
> >> * Activating server side simplification for such layers gives a
> >> noticeable speed boost here.
>
> just tried, I do no see a dramatic improvement

Do you have many records in your viewport ?
Limiting the number of fetched records could also in those cases,
but I'm not sure there's an UI option for that (I remember Larry
adding it for labels for performance reasons).

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt