[Qgis-developer] Multi-threading rendering merged to master

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Feb 26 20:52:55 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>wrote:

> Hi Martin and Mathieu,
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Happy to report that following Martin's last commit (
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/daf1e0b6881cdb77df6f6a9dc988ad92e0f9019d),
>> I cannot see any issues with vector/raster layer rendering, as well as
>> labelling. All renders like 2.2, except the user experience is 10 times
>> better :)
>>
>> Larry, I'm pretty sure your labeling tests will mostly turn green now.
>>

> Yes and no. :-)
>
> The server and composer tests, and comparisons with canvas output ,seem to
> pass OK now, but not so for the canvas [0]. Now, I don't know if it is the
> unit test setup that needs updated to work with new QgsMapSettings or
> something in PAL, so I have to do some investigation first.

Turns out I just had to rebuild the TestQgsPalLabeling base test class to
utilize QgsMapSettings (instead of deprecated QgsMapRenderer methods) [0]
and ensure to set the correct map units for the CRS. Canvas tests now match
2.2 control images within a 0 - 6 pixel tolerance [1].

Close enough for me!

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/b6d943e
[1] http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/PALTestReport_2014-02-26_20-56-33.pdf

Regards,