[Qgis-developer] Spatial index - what about having it automatically created and updated ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 02:51:02 PST 2014

Hi

> I guess more better is to use this extremely simple batch and create all
> the index in one step only.
> sing the gdal/ogr from osgeo4w.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BatchCreationIndexesForShapefilesOnDOS
>
> Regards,

 As I said, I am thinking of non power users. They surely won't create nor
use such a batch file, even if it is simple. I know there is also the great
tool Vector / Data management tools / Create Spatial Index, which can
create one for all layers in one step. But users do not use it : they do no
know it exists, or they know but forget to use it.