[Qgis-developer] Incosistencies in QGIS Mapserver's GetFeatureInfo WMS responses

Marcel Dancak dancakm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 05:11:25 PST 2014

Hello,

I found some inconsistencies in QGIS Mapserver in GetFeatureInfo WMS

Identification by point coordinates (X/Y or I/J parameters):
 - returns geometry data of every feature in layer's CRS only if 'Add
geometry to feature response' in project settings is checked
 - returns bounding box of every feature in layer's CRS only if 'Add
geometry to feature response' in project settings is checked
 - doesn't returns global bounding box of all matched features collection

Searching by attributes (FILTER parameter)
 - always returns geometry data of every feature in layer's CRS
 - always returns bounding box of every feature in layer's CRS
 - always returns global bounding box of all matched features collection in
requested CRS (SRS/CRS parameter), but this value (whole XML element) is
correct only for text/xml format, because bounding box value is computed
only for text/xml format, but it's XML element is included in server
response regardless of concrete XML output format.

I'm able to fix these issues and prepare pull request(s). This is my
suggestion:
 - return geometry data of every feature in requested CRS only if 'Add
geometry to feature response' is checked
 - return bounding box of every feature in requested CRS only if 'Add
geometry to feature response' is checked
 - return global bounding box of all matched features collection in
requested CRS only if 'Add geometry to feature response' is checked, and in
proper XML element depending on output format - <BoundingBox
CRS="EPSG:4326" maxx="1" minx="-1" maxy="1" miny="-1"/> for text/xml and
<gml:boundedBy><gml:Box srsName="EPSG:4326"><gml:coordinates cs="," ts="
">-1,-1 1,1</gml:coordinates></gml:boundedBy> for GML format.

Marcel Dancak