[Qgis-developer] Save button in 1-n relations form

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Feb 28 03:48:52 PST 2014

Hi Rémi,

I agree, this button could be added if there is a demand for it (and it
seems that there is, as you are missing it :) )

For now, I see an even more annoying bug. If you change something in an
embedded form, these changes are not automatically written to the edit
buffer when you click the toggle edit button, but instead you need to
close the embedded form (that means: switch to the form of another
related feature or close the attribute form) before you are able to
save the edits to the datasource itself. As soon as you have done that
you should be able to click the toggle edit button in the embedded form
to save the edits (Will turn off edit mode of course).

I was also wondering if this kind of auto-commit-to-edit-buffer is
expected by the user or if users rather expect some kind of action they
need to take in order to commit stuff to the edit buffer (as in the
feature form, where you confirm with ok or decline with cancel). The
situation will hopefully improve with the next release (if I find the
time for it...) as the feedback in terms of color changes (red for
changed-but-not-yet-commited features) in the feature list will only be
updated as soon as the user actually changed the contents of the form.

Best
Matthias