[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-Server] Adding Web Processing Service, partially funded

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:30:44 PST 2014

Hi Vincent

Le 20/12/2013 12:28, Vincent Picavet a écrit :
> Other question : do you rely on qgis.core only then for QGIS
> processing now ?

To run QGIS Processing algorithms, I only rely on qgis.core but it is
necessary to intialize a QGSApplication and a QApplication.

> +1 for that, simple, flexible and powerful. And Unix spirit too :-) If
> we want tighter integration, it is a matter of packaging PyWPS with
> QGIS. Or implement a way of sending bundled WPS scripts from QGIS to a
> PyWPS server. As for performances, I think having python for serving
> WPS is not damaging, since the performances issues are more related to
> the algorithms implementation than the WPS server itself. Vincent

I'm working on a python class to easily publishing QGIS Processing
server-side with PyWPS.
For example :
=============
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

from pywps.Process import WPSProcess
from qgisWPSProcess import qgisWPSProcess

qgis = qgisWPSProcess("qgis:fixeddistancebuffer")

saga = qgisWPSProcess("saga:shapesbuffer")

grass = qgisWPSProcess("grass:v.buffer.distance")
All theses processes has to be tested.

But I would like to add the ability to use a QGIS project to restrict
processes on some layers.

Regards,
René-Luc D'Hont
3Liz