[Qgis-developer] Plugins approval

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 5 11:40:35 PST 2014

On 05-01-14 19:00, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> I would suggest an additional rule to accept a new plugin: we should
> make sure it registers itself in the appropriate menu (Vector, Raster,
> Database, Web, etc.), leaving in Plugins menu only those who cannot be
> classified because they belong to more than one category,
> This will help keeping the interface tidy.
> Thoughts?

Currently the 'menu'-functionality is half way there, I think.
While one defines a 'menu' in the metadata.txt, the actual placing has
to be done by the coder self in python.

Not sure what the reason was (alexander?)... (was it that the
pluginmanager had to know it, or that the plugins were loaded before the
gui or....).

But I think it would be nice to have this fixed first. Then a user can
even 'move' a plugin by changing the metadata.txt.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde