[Qgis-developer] How wiki can be of help (or harm)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 7 22:57:58 PST 2014

A nice story, with happy ending:
* long ago, Etienne and I started a wiki page about possible
improvements on the colour ramps
* in the meantime, Etienne implemented most of the items
* as it often happens, the page got forgotten, buried among hundreds of
others, with a bunch of solved and unresolved issues
* luckily, the recent wiki cleanup forced me to reexamine it, and
together with Etienne we cleaned it up, moving all remaining issues to
tickets
* this prompted Etienne to solve a trivial, yet important from a user
point of view, long standing issue (in fact, there may still be another
ticket hanging out).
A trace here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1059#issuecomment-31800254
In short: cleaning up the wiki is a Good Thing.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu