[Qgis-developer] Multi-threaded version and attribute table

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 13 05:14:12 PST 2014

On Mon 13 Jan 2014 02:05:07 PM CET, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is more information:
>
> Postgis table works fast if the "Select at ID" checkbox is turned off.
> If it is turned on it is unbelievably slow - loading only 1 to 4
> features at the time.
>
> The "Select at ID" has something to do with the local caching of the
> table, doesn't it?

For dataproviders which don't support SelectAtId, a locally cached copy
of the complete dataset is made for the lifetime of the attribute table
(because on-demand loading while scrolling would require a new full
scan)
For others, the whole dataset is loaded, but only a certain number of
features (10000 by default) are cached locally.

Matthias