[Qgis-developer] New Save as... dialog

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 00:57:46 PST 2014

Hi Paolo!

* What do you mean by "lot of empty space in the middle" here is only a
very small stripe
* "mostly emtpy" -> it is filled on demand depending on how many options
are provided by the format. - try to save as SpatiaLite

The only (currently) unfortunate thing is that the More Options button
is not shrinking the window again if you press it again .. So once the
extended options are opened you should leave them switched on.
If anyone has a good idea howto solve it .. suggestions welcome.

The original intention was to make the dialog as small as possible and
not annoy novice users with extended options they might never need. Per
default there should be no need to use the "More Options" button. Every
format should have reasonable defaults now (if not tell me and I am
going to change it).

I am not 100% happy with that layout either but it was the best we
(Matthias and me) could make at that moment.

kind regards
Werner