[Qgis-developer] Clustering algorithms from RISE

Sergio Botero sergiobuj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 08:28:05 PST 2014

Hello all,

RISE group has been developing a project named Clusterpy, which is a
library of spatially
constrained clustering algorithms. At RISE we would like to contribute to
QGIS with the
algorithms we have on our project and specially with the algorithms
proposed by the group and
group Director, Juan C. Duque.

As one of the relatively new developers of Clusterpy, I have been looking
into the possibility of
making Clusterpy (a modified version) part of the Processing code.

First I would like to know, do you think that this kind of algorithms area
a good fit for the QGIS
core?
I also would like to know, what would be your proposed process to make this
happen? anyone
I should contact directly?

My non-official fork of the Clusterpy project is here:
https://github.com/sergiobuj/clusterpy (the
official project is on Google code)

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon,

Sergio B