[Qgis-developer] Blend modes and vector printing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 24 03:05:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I know that one has to print in raster if one uses blend modes. I love
blend modes but I tend to avoid them because one has to print in raster.

My question is: is it a limitation of the qt PDF export? As far as I
know Adobe PDF supports blend modes. Could the PDF exporter of qt be
improved? As far as I know it should now be a bit easier to contribute
to qt.

Would it be an option to develop improvements in qt's PDF renderer?

A similar situation is with qt and SVG. It is sort of imported but some
features are lacking and the exported SVG structure is not optimized.

Thanks,
Andreas