[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server and null-values in GetFeatureInfo requests

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 08:13:51 PST 2014

2014/1/24 Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with NULL values and GetFeatureInfo requests. They
> appear as "0" if the data-type is numeric, instead of "NULL" or an empty
> string.

It is probably unrelated, but I've found a similar problem handling empty
values, it seems like in several parts of the core, QString.isEmpty is
tested instead of QString.isNull.

I mean, at least for request parameters, they should be trated as
three-state: (null, empty string and a string with not-zero length).

I've opened a bug for this and I've patched the core but I don't even dare
to propose a PR since it touches the innermost features of QGIS core.

this is the ticket http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9321

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it