[Qgis-developer] New composer's title

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Jan 25 15:40:34 PST 2014

Hi,

So, to recap:

+1 to remove the annoying, interrupting new name dialog,
and +1 for moving its functionality to the top of the Composition Panel

A non-editable field displaying the name and a simple edit button next to
it that opens up the same rename dialog as is found in the Composer Manager
would be all that is needed. I suggest the continued use of the rename
dialog since it offers validation that the name is unique among existing
composers names, and allows for quickly building a name off of an existing
name.

If this change (not really a feature) will be allowed for 2.2 release, I
can commit the work today.

Regards,

Larry