[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-UX] User Interface Design (UX) Guidelines for QGIS?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Jan 28 12:21:36 PST 2014

Hi

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anita and Jürgen
>
> Vielen Dank! That's a starting point.
> There remains still much to say, like "where to place QButtonBox for
> OK / Cancel / Help?", what default font size, etc.
> Is it wrong to point at least to "UI Design with Qt" for further
> reading in the "Developers guide for QGIS"?

We need to have much more complete guidelines (preferably with visuals
illustrating how different design situations should be handled). I believe
that the UX are going to tackle something like that. Posting to external
docs may also be worthwhile in the short term.

Regards

Tim

> -Stefan
>

> Am 28. Januar 2014 18:56 schrieb Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 28. Jan 2014 at 17:42:13 +0100, Anita Graser wrote:
> >> You can find the HIG (Human Interface Guidelines) starting on line 1441
> of
> >>
> >> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/doc/CODING.t2t
> >
> > BTW we also have a HTML version of that online:
> >

> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/CODING.html#toc60
> >

> > Jürgen
> >
> > --
> > Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-31
> > Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> > Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> > QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on
> FreeNode
> >
> > --
> > norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> > Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> > GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net