[Qgis-developer] Data encryption

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jan 28 22:53:31 PST 2014

Hi List,
I have a friend, not in South Africa, who has a need to bundle raster &
vector data with a map viewer, so that the entire package can be
deployed via a DVD.
The catch is that usage of the data bundled with this DVD, needs to
expire after 12 months.

So, does anyone know of a QGIS based solution - even if it comes with a
proprietary encryption module that allows for an expiry date?

I'd be curious if anyone has implemented such solution.

I also think that there may be a possibility of fee for someone to
develop such capability.

Regards and thanks,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Service

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za