[Qgis-developer] Lidar data into QGIS (Another topic: Mosaicking Aerial Photos from UAV (Drone), Georef PLY binary tins, SfM output into QGIS)

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 00:05:00 PST 2014

Hi Roberto,

I think we have to separate these topics:

- support for georef PLY binary tins, that begins to be the standard
output from SfM Structure from Motion drone aerial video and photo low
cost surveys.

- SfM output into QGIS

Structure from Motion - A Visual Approach
http://ccwu.me/vsfm/

Tim has also this example in Mosaicking Aerial Photos with GDAL

Image Mosaicking with GDAL
http://linfiniti.com/2009/09/image-mosaicking-with-gdal/

It might be good to have QGIS plugin for Mosaicking Aerial Photos from UAV.

Open source UAV (ArduPilotMega (APM2.x), Mission Planner and APM
Planner 2.0)  are gaining traction in UAV Technology and Aerial Photo
Mapping.

We are using APM2.x UAV for forestry plantation aerial photos.

APM 2.x UAVs are discussed in this site.
http://diydrones.com/

Thanks.

Regards, Noli