[Qgis-developer] EasyCustomLabeling ported to QGIS 2.0

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Jan 31 09:17:43 PST 2014

Hi there,
I ported EasyCustomLabeling to new API so that it should be very few clicks
to make such maps in a few clicks:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5101254/EasyCustomLabelin0.5.png>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ru3javeedl3urg/EasyCustomLabelin0.5.png
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ru3javeedl3urg/EasyCustomLabelin0.5.png>

I would be pleased to get some feedback on it, from either users or dev's.

*Still here are some issues and one blocker I encountered:*

- Memory Layer Saver plugin can save the labeling layers BUT* can't restore
correctly unpinned labels* (free labels). It seems related to NULL - None -
PyQtNullVariant stuff. If someone has an idea, the plugin could then be
totally usefull. see http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9148. Help !

- Signals attributeValueChanged seem sends floats values in string type when
manual editions are done in attribute table. Need a ticket?

- There is no attributeValueChanged signal emitted when using field
calculator.. So some Callouts won't be updated if user choose to edit a
bunch of labels (to get them aligned for instance).

Cheers!
Régis